Saturday, April 12, 2008

Peter and The Penguins

Normally I don't pay much attention to My Space but I do have an obligatory Doug Khazzam page there which does not get visited often but what the hell, everyone's got one so why should I be any different?

Today I received a friend request from a group in Norway called Peter and The Penguins. After listening to their totally retro Mersey Beat Sound I just had to bring them to the attention of my gentle reader's (all three of you).

One song in particular struck me as humorous, "There Goes Pete Best", with the unlikely refrain, "The unluckiest bastard in the world!", SO TRUE! There's a hint of Brian Wilson on some of their other tunes but Liverpudlian influence looms large with these guys. Their sound is fun!

I granted their request.

No comments: