Monday, September 29, 2008

Most Of The Girls Like To Dance (But Only Some Of The Boys Do)



I love Don Dixon. "Who the hell is Don Dixon?" you may ask. The answer is, a very talented producer responsible for early R.E.M., Smithereens and later Chris Stamey albums but I love him for his own music, especially the album entitled "Most Of The Girls Like To Dance (But Only Some of The Boys Do)".

On that record he covers Nick Lowe's "Skin Deep"(which is awesome)but his own material is simply put, in a class by itself. I love so many of the songs from that record that I have committed many to memory and they are part of my personal repetoire.

4 comments:

Curty Ray said...

Gotta love Praying Mantis!

Doug said...

Part of the reason I posted this is because I became obsessed with doing a cover of Praying Mantis, which I'm in the middle of recording as we speak.

I'll post it here when it's done...

Curty Ray said...

Look forward to hearing it.

KSHE Klassics Dude said...

Great post! I have this on vinyl but haven't heard it in years. Thanks for bringing back some good memories.